PHP is an open-source, interpreted, and object-oriented scripting language that can be executed at the server-side. PHP is well suited for web development.
What You Should Already Know
Before you continue you should have a basic understanding of the following:
PHP Important Information :
- PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor.
- PHP is a server-side scripting language, which is used to manage the dynamic content of the website.
- PHP can be embedded into HTML.
- PHP is an interpreted language, i.e., there is no need for compilation.
- PHP is faster than other scripting languages, for example, ASP and JSP.
- PHP is an object-oriented language.
- PHP is an open-source scripting language.
- PHP is simple and easy to learn.
A Simple PHP Document
Why use PHP
PHP is a server-side scripting language, which is used to design the dynamic web applications with MySQL database.
- PHP handles dynamic content, database as well as session tracking for the website.
- You can create sessions in PHP.
- It can access cookies variable and also set cookies.
- PHP helps to encrypt the data and apply validation.
- It supports several protocols such as HTTP, POP3, SNMP, LDAP, IMAP, and etc.
- Using PHP language, you can control the user to access some pages of your website.
- As PHP is easy to install and set up, this is the main reason why PHP is the best language to learn.
- PHP can handle the forms, such as - collect the data from users using forms, save it into the database, and return useful information to the user.
To Understand PHP step by step, watch the above tutorial video.